• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Treatment Denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MOPie

california. i am disabled, diabetic, a double organ transplant receipiant, and have just finished 2 two week iv antibiotic infusion therapy sessions for an mrsa infection in a wound on my right foot. during a subsequent bolld test, my wbc was 16,900, showing that the mrsa was still present and active. following a household accident ehich left my right large toe lacerated and bleeding profusely, i went to a local urgent care facility for treatment. i am a medicare patient and have private ppo suplimental insurance. sfter waiting 45 minutes,(the bleeding had slowed) i was informed that verificatiuon of my medicare and my ppo insurance eligibility could not be verified. i was also told that unless i could pay in cash or creditcard they would not treat me. i had neither ability to pay, so treatment was rejected. i left the facility quite upset, knowing that because of my status with the mrsa there would be a possibility of the infection spreading to the new wound. They never asked me anything about my medical history, just refused to treat me unless i could pay at the time of service. i have been on medicare since 1991 and have never been denied any treatment anywhere for any reason. yes, i went home, treated myself and was seen by my regular doctor the next day. what recourse, if any, do i have? legal action or professional noitfication seeking sanctions against the care center. they also list themselves in theri invoices as a medicare provider, sataing their medicare i d number. adivse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">