• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical underwriting - a problem here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ArubanGal

HELP!
My employer refuses to offer GROUP coverage to all of the employees in our office, but is willing to assist me with my Individual Policy. Thus I understand I will undergo medical underwriting. Problem is...I have a "Less than clean" bill of health. I have been hospitalized for an Eating Disorder in the past.
Question is...HOW do I fill out the paperwork? I cannot hide this, can I??? or may I "re-phrase" things properly???
I'll never get coverage at this rate - and I need it desperately.
Please help - ASAP!!
Thanks!!

ALawyer

Go to an insurance agent who sells health insurance and explain the situation and see what s/he says. Some companies may exclude the condition that you were treated for. If that does not work, you may need a new employer.

A

ArubanGal

One idea...

Hmmmph. I have gone to an agent and he says that he'll have NO part of anything I don't disclose.... He said "DON'T TELL ME about it".
I understand there IS a way to "join" a group plan (i.e. an association of some sort) thus joining a GROUP policy and receiving coverage without the underwriting???
Is this true? Is it LEGAL????
Hope to hear from you ASAP!
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">