• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicare appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnmetcalfDPM

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?
missouri

I am a podiatrist who was a Medicare provider for 7 yrs . Approximately 1 1/2 yrs ago I was told I would have to double my student loan payments to $30,000/yr. I wrote that I could not afford that, and they asked me to send them financial documentation, which I did. That was in early May of 2002. At the end of July 2002 I recieved a letter from Medicare that I was 'non-compliant' as of June 28 2002 and would no longer receive payments from them. I filed an appeal the following day but never heard back from them. My phone calls were unreturned. Shortly after, I received the same notice from Medicaid. Obviously, I had continued taking care of patients during this time, representing myself as a Medicare provider. Between JUne 28, 2002 and the date I received this notification, they withdrew over $2000 in student loan payments that were on an automatic withdrawal payment plan. My questions are these:
Can I ever be reinstated to care for Medicare or Medicaid patients, either as a provider or non-provider?
Is there a statute of limitations on this? Obviously, with my income taken away, I have fallen behind in my student loans.
Can I get the money owed to me for the care provided by me in good faith from June 28 through the date I received this letter?
and if not - could Medicare and Medicaid be made to apply that money to my student loan balances?
please help - in all this time I have not been able to find an attorney who knows what my rights are in this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">