• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medication alert

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marlined

This past week for 4 consecutive days, after taking the regular dosage of medication for atypical depression, I experienced debilitating right side of the face pain, headache, unable to stand light, etc. as if a tremendous throbbing headache. I contacted my doctor, unable to reach, or practionioner, ranged in the 4the four days and realized the excruciating pain was going into effect in a brief period after taking medication. this medication is a MAOI and have been on this for approx 8 years, or its equivilant. On the weekend I was taken to Er with an inner-middle ear infection, treated by antibiotics, ear medication, the ear and glands had swollen to the point of trying to use a small object to make an opening in my ear for mediation to enter. At this point, and still trying to reach my normal physician, to no avail. I realized the difference of the time elements and the blood pressure readings were severe. Unable to locate a doctor to treat this medication, and contacting the crisis hotline, the doctor on call, said to contact my doctor on Friday, now 7 days since the administration of my last dose, due to the fact of knowing the blood pressure and effects. Upon finally getting my doctor, and an appointment still ONE month away, I was told to return to the medication I was on.
the infection is still being treated, I still can feel the ear infection is not healing and the fear of returning to taking the original medication seems dangerous.
The doctor had discussed trying another type to see if my atypical depression might resond at my next appoint. since I have already gone through the worst part of nightmares, tremors, anxiety, and panic attacks, and no assistance I would like to know if any ramifications are possible?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If you are asking legal ramificiations: well, it is a bit tricky because what you should have done is gone to emergency or urgent care. not wait until you got a doctor's appointment with your doctor.

talk to a medical malpractice attorney in your state and see what issues may have arisen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">