• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Megan's Law Civil rights violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maggiemay231

My ex Husband found my current husband on the internet. regestered sex offender. He had 3 months left of a 10 year probation sentence to do.we went to court on a temp. hearing I retained custody of the child with the judge pointing out in court that my ex-husband had bribed our daughter into saying saying untrue thing. After court ex- husaband and his attorney were so mad that they lost the temp hearing that they had my husband arrested on false accusations thru his probation dep. I don't know what to do anymore. I have been looking for an attorney who is challenging Megan's Law and the whole internet registing civil rights. Texas Hillcountry.
I am in a very nasty custody battle with my exhusband.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Okay, if you are trying to challenge megan's law because of your husband's privacy, you are coming at this law the wrong way. Do you understand this is not about the adult, but about children and neighborhood safety. In this day and age, especially with Internet cybercrimes, the last weapon parents have is megan's law.

If you want to challenge the law, you and your attorney are going to have show a lot of proof that the intent and goals of the legislatures in developing this law have not been met. That is a hefty battle. Or that somehow your husban's constitutional rights have been violated. But that is very hard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">