• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klyxmaster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I am aware of just about all the legalities this involves, so my question is posted differently.
I understand that mental abuse is difficult to prove. And I do not need to prove my wife is mentally abusive.
There is a long story about this aspect, but will not go into it here, unless requested. I only mention that as one of the major reasons I need to leave this marriage.

Here is my problem - as with many - it is financial. According to many places I have checked, I make too much money to qualify for any legal aide (2k/month).
That is TEXT-BO0K for them.
Reality, I have to pay for everything here, and that includes her habits (smoking etc..), again, will not bore with the details.

We have no kids, and definitely no property, and that which we do have can be definitively divided. What I have is a loiterer. She will not work - blaming her "mental" condition, which no doctor to date, has given her a disability for waiving her to work. She just enjoys the home life while I work 2 jobs.

Another reality check for the TEXT-BOOK, many people in my position have financial responsibilities that go above and beyond what is considered for the ability to offer legal aid. With what I have, I CANNOT make it check to check. I am actually dangerously short before next payday (sometimes as low as $5-$10/day in my name). Funny quote: ".. My take home pay doesn't take me home".

So my question, how can I get this divorce on some type of payment plan. Or even fully executed. Or is there some forgotten loophole that will get me out.

while she is a nice person, I will be the first to defend her in that matter. She is an amazing person. she is just not marriage material (for those that are curious - her definition of marriage is that the man does it all, when I confront her about this her response is always - "... i'm not your cook, not your maid, not your sex object, I don't do your laundry" etc..). Much of what I do over the years, is simply to keep her quiet getting and doing whatever she needs - even though she insist I don't have too(yes I know, that could be construed as enabling - and breeds entitlement). I used to rebel, but that made it worse - she can be extremely violent, and while I can hold my own - the outcome most likely will never be good, so I do the ole ".. put my tail between my legs" until I figure out how to get out of this mess. Yes I have called the police on her many times, and NO they would never remove her.

Anyways.. that's an extremely abbreviated version. she needs to go. This is not a marriage, this is an assisted living or daycare.

Kind regards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">