• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental Anguish

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in New York and have been married for 15 years. My spouse wants to move on without me & the children. I am ready to let him go. He has made living at home a living hell the last 8 months. Is there a way that I can remove him without involving his job? I have asked him to leave and he claims he his not ready! In the meantime, he is making it very difficult to be at home. He is verbally abusive and threatens to leave all the time. On what grounds can I file for legal separation? Where do I begin? I feel as though I will lose my rights as his wife once he is out of my home. Help!!! I am currently working through a temp agency but do not have a steady job, do I receive help with rent at home even though he would not reside there? Can I apply for Section 8 even though I'm not homeless, or a victim of domestic violence? It seems that you must meet that criteria, in order to receive any help from Section 8.



section 8 is very hard to get and a long drawn out process it takes forever to recieve anything. also it seems you should get him out of the home ASAP for the childrens sake and your own then get court involed with child support and so on and that should help with the bills, along with your current job... just be strong and remember you can do this!!!!! for yourself and most importantly the KIDS!!!!!!!

[Edited by chrissy88 on 05-22-2001 at 02:51 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential