• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental Health and abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RaynaAvery

Hi everyone,
My name is Madeline and Im 21 years old. I live in michgan and ive been officially diagnosed with high functioning autism, clinical depression, severe anxiety and bipolar disorder. I have a twin brother who is on the spectrum but he has Aspergers and is very low functioning. My mother and father have been abusive our entire lives and CPS was called multiple times but nothing was ever done. My father has a history of beating us. he would pick me up and throw me onto the bed so hard that my head would hit the headboard and start bleeding. although the physical abuse has stopped the emotional abuse has continued. He will often times comment about my weight, how i look, attempt to keep me from going outside and purposely pit me and my brother against each other. My mother hasnt done anything to stop the abuse. Because of said abuse i have developed extreme anxiety about meeting new people, going outside, and talking with members of our family for fear that anything i might say will get passed onto my father and i will get disciplined for it. My parents have purposely barred me from learning how to drive, getting a job, and going out and buying my own things. I am completeley dependant on them but i dont want to be or need to be. My father will purposely incite conflict and then call the police on me. The police have come probably over 60 different times in the last year or so. back when i was considered a minor my father and mother would tell the police i was homicidal and suicidal when i wasnt and i would be taken to the hospital and more often than not sent back home after a long and tedious ordeal. I used to have video evidence of my father abusing me but he destroyed it. He now records me whenever im having a panic attack or a outburst after instigating a fight so i feel like if i went to court i wouldnt be able to provide evidence. I feel so trapped and scared all the time and i dont know what to do. Please someone anyone help me

xylene

You are an adult and you need to work on crafting an independence plan for living on your own.

As a high functioning person, you can do this.

This will sound harsh - YOUR life is your own.

You brother needs to cope with his own situation, and if he can't he'll need his own specialized help. This isn't to say that's right, jist that you come first.

RaynaAvery

You are an adult and you need to work on crafting an independence plan for living on your own.

As a high functioning person, you can do this.

This will sound harsh - YOUR life is your own.

You brother needs to cope with his own situation, and if he can't he'll need his own specialized help. This isn't to say that's right, jist that you come first.
Unfortunatly ive tried everything in the book. Theres only so much i can do considering how limited i am. Its easy enough to say go out and just do it but in my situation its just not possible. I need outside help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">