• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Merchant wants to sue me for deformation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melody301

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I made a purchase online and paid for it with my credit card. After several weeks and many attempts to reach the merchant about not receiving the product, I contacted the BBB, Paypal's, and put a blog on Yahoo Answers about the company and advising people not to purchase from them because they take your money and not ship the products. Long story short, I finally received a refund but the merchant is threatening to sue me for deformation if I don't remove the post but nothing I said was a lie. As a matter of fact I closed out the blog stating "I requested a refund...we'll see if I actually get it." Can he sue me if I don't remove the post.

Second part to this story, again, after several attempts to reach this guy, I had my mother send an email (which she sent from her job) stating, "Please address before legal action is taken" with a copy of the invoice below. He is claiming legal actions against her for her using her work email to make threats of legal action. Never once did she state that she was an attorney or representing me or her company. Can he take legal actions against her? Mind you, if he can take legal actions against her, he doesn't have her home address only mine so can he send correspondences to my address about taking legal action against her?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">