• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Messed up situation... emancipated adults property sold wrongfully... help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I live in g.a. and a year ago my dad kicked me out of the house. (when i was 17) He sold all my stuff that i could not take with me and now its catching up to me. He sold my $600 amp (that i bought myself) for $100 and now that im getting back into the music scene im loosing jobs becaus of it. I know its not right but i know who he sold it to and im tempted to just steal it back because the guy says it was a legit deal and wont sell me my own property after i offered him more than what he had paid. Is there any way i can get it back legally? I appreciate any help i can get.


I'm a Northern Girl
And for the record, despite what you evidently think, the laws in GA changed recently and moving out of the house at 17 does NOT make you an emancipated adult.


Senior Member
Moral of the story?

When you stomp out of your parents home screaming "I am leaving", take your good stuff with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential