• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Met with lawyer re: Chap 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?NH
So much for doing it myself. $1200! OUCH! Anyway- the lawyer made it sound so simple. Said the trustee would not touch my paychecks or even my security deposit. Said my work and landlord would NOT find out. Seemed a little to easy. Paid half now and will pay the otherhalf next week. He said most NH trustees are nice but some are nasty. Said that the trustee may want some money that is in my bank account. I asked about the expenses and all that- he said the $100.00 disposable income is a semi myth. He looked at my expenses and said they looked fine He did not want me to even consider Chapter 13- he said everything is done by efiling and that his other office handles it. He made it sound way to easy so i was a little worried. The piece of mind is worth the 1200 I guess. Will the lawyer be there for me if the trustee starts trouble?

Ladynred

Said the trustee would not touch my paychecks or even my security deposit. Said my work and landlord would NOT find out.
I hate to say it - but I told you so :D

Yes, the lawyer is there to take care of any issues that come up with the Trustee, you do NOT interface with the Trustee directly except at the 341.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">