• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Method of service issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ostricheye

What is the name of your state? Orange County California

I received a notice of unlawful detainer finling in the mail from the couthouse. Days later I received my summons on the porch of my apt. I answered in a timely manner and am now waiting for my court date to arrive. Now I question the manner in which I was, or was not, served. I went to the clerk and found out that a proof of service has not been filed. Can I file an amended answer to include the fact that my summons was not a)mailed b)left at my office c)left with someone 18yrs. at my home? Will this cause my landlords to have to start all over again? Or does the fact that I answered relieve them of their obligation of proper service?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">