• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MetroCard transfer issue, violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Could we perhaps be a little more understanding of the visitor from a foreign country who doesn't know how things work here?

Just Blue

Could we perhaps be a little more understanding of the visitor from a foreign country who doesn't know how things work here?
huh? So you think that if you are "visiting" from another country then you get extra special treatment when you commit a crime/infraction? Give me a break. No one on this thread was nasty/rude. NO ONE.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am happy to be understanding of the fact that he may not understand how the metro system works.

However, he has a certain responsibility to learn how the system works if he is going to use it, and to ask questions if he does not understand. I am not willing to give him a free pass on the fines he incurs because of his failure to do so.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I believe that LdiJ may have been referring to the comment about this being in the wrong sub-forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">