• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MI Mother won't let me properly parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dedikate

Michigan I have twin boys 20 months old. Since mother discovered she was pregnant she has changed narratives about why I shouldn't be in children's lives.
I believe it is because she has a personality disorder like narcissism, malicious mother syndrome, bi-polar, who knows. As a precursor I am a felon. I had a drug problem when I was younger and got clean in 1999 and stayed clean until I started growing cannabis here a couple years ago. I don't drink or use drugs regularly, except cannabis.
We only knew each other for 2 months.
Narratives:
1. She read a conversation with my Father, to which he suggested I look into abortion and adoption. When Mother read this, she texted me and said that I mentioned abortion, which I did not...and told me to never call her again and I will never see my children.
2. Our first Friend of the Court meeting. I had recovered from a herniated disc and was on pain meds the emergency room prescribed. She found
out from a mutual friend I was on pills and got a court order for a hair drug test which I failed, as my last use was 1 1/2 months prior to the test.
As a result I was subjected to 45 weeks drug testing and AA meetings.
3. I am a licensed cannabis caregiver and she said I had mold growing in my home. I passed an air quality test
4. I have a large breed dog she wont stop complaining about. The kids have already bonded with the dog and they co-exist fine.
I started my visitations at Catholic Social Services. a visitation/exchange facility. After she embarrassed herself enough the judge cancelled the visitations
at CSS. We now meet at the police station. We had a settlement conference 10/16/19 and I was set up on a tiered
visitation schedule to which she violated the first 5 visits. The only reason she has obeyed this court order as of the last 3 recent visits is because
she wants to look good in front of the courts for our motion for parenting time during her wedding she just filed. The court date is a few weeks away and id like some suggestive input from this forum, as I have learned a lot already and thank you in advance. Since the beginning of my unsupervised visitations she has done
nothing but try and hustle me out of my parenting time, and for the most part succeeded. At FOC they keep only giving me half the time the mother stole back to me.
Incidents:
1. She has obeyed less than 50% of ALL orders.
2. She assaulted me at an exchange in front of the kids, then turned around and filed a PPO on me, claiming I assaulted her.
At the PPO hearing, my attorney got her to drop the charges, as long as my parents assist with pickups/drop offs (they live 4 hours away). I have footage of her kicking me from the exchange location (Sheriffs station) and the court never saw it.
3. She has hacked into my Facebook and Instagram account and harassed, defamed, slandered and impersonated me on 5 separate occasions, to which she
admitted to one time on my 2nd attorneys interrogatories. she posted sensitive information like support enforcement orders, saying I was a deadbeat. I am a musician and own a record label and this did effect my business.
4. She produced a document from a friend who works in daycare. That raised my Child Support to twice as much.
When I was able to get the doctors report, I saw for a period of almost a year, she admitted to having no daycare at doctors visits. She works from home. I view the daycare (or lack of) as foul play and potential fraud. Is this correct?
5. She is constantly trying to prove neglect. there is nothing so far I have noticed that she can get me for though.
Now Mother claims:
a. my kids smell like weed when they come home.
b. They come home with rashes (she blamed me for one from a visit I had almost 5 months ago)
c. She demands my kids are raised vegan but won't tell me what to feed them or what their favorite foods are. in the court order I am supposed to
let mother know any new foods introduced, and after just about every visit she has a problem with something I did. in the doctors notes it says she emailed saying she "needed a note"stating the kids were lactose intolerant. After reaching out several times, the doctor gave her a note saying the kids were allergic to cows milk. She says the kids are lactose intolerant because they are African-american, failing to realized her kids are bi-racial
d. she insists her children can't grow up in a "weed house". my home is spacious and you would never even know I grew unless you went downstairs.
She asked if she could have the kids during the week of her wedding. I said we will have to see how she behaves, because of how poorly she has been following the order made 4 months ago. She immediately filed a motion for parenting time during her wedding. I filed 5 parenting complaints on her since the settlement and we had one meeting (Friend of the Court grouped them together). They told her next time she will be showcaused (the next day she asked me for parenting time during the wedding).
Mother already told me face to face before we broke up, that if we did in fact break up, she couldn't raise kids under 2 separate households. Since then she has done just about everything in her power to keep my from the kids. She won't let me form the bond I need with them. I've known she was going to do just about everything
she has done from the start. She said:
a. I gave the kids herpes and hepatitis in the visitation center.
b. I am not allowed to bathe my kids
c. Nothing I feed them is appropriate and there are problems with them after every visit for weeks and sometimes every month
d. I am a pill dealer and can't be trusted around the children

Every question she asks me pertains to her case she is building in her head, or so she thinks. She keeps saying i admitted to my kids smelling
like weed, which just makes no sense because I would imagine the courts wouldn't care about that at all. I'm fighting this person with everything I have just to stay
in my children's lives and the courts and FOC have mentioned they have taken note of it. I come in the the court room every single time with an accordion binder full of papers lol. I have copies and backups of everything. I personally don't think she will be able to be the proper custodial parent. She won't be able to follow court orders, like telling me the kids favorite foods, handling exchanges, or anything else for that matter.

Next court date (motion for parenting time during her wedding):
1. There should be a custody change but its highly unlikely at this hearing. I at least want first right of refusal for daycare, but I think getting her to follow it would be impossible. Im still going to ask but I have no idea how the court would enforce it, as I see her pulling any stunt she can to keep me from seeing my kids and waste as much money as possible (I drive a truck and live 40 minutes away). Example: Saying the kids are at one daycare center, but when I get there, they aren't there.
2. I am going to suggest swapping my birthday week for her wedding weekend.
3. I'd also like to change the pickup location to the police station closest to me for all the inconvenience she has caused me driving so far and having her not show up.
Does anyone else have any suggestions for things I could do to make sure I can properly raise my children? I just want all the time I can get with them. I want to be with themevery step of the way. I want to teach them as much as I possibly can and enrich their lives in every possible way. The mother wants the exact opposite for them, as she only wants to do that for them. She is now marrying another white guy. This has already confused my kids on top of the inconsistencies with parenting time. The judge doesn't really act on anything until we both agree to it, and its just not working because the judge simply ins't enforcing the order. My child support is $900 for both kids. I made 20k a year for the last two years, due to all the unmanageability in my life because of her. She makes 65k a year. Im getting beat up pretty bad.Next Saturday visitation I have is my first overnight. I graduate to tier 2. and for 4 months I have overnights, then tier 3 is Wed-Fri and one weekend a month. I'll be amazed if we even make it there based on how she has been acting.I think her fiance talked some sense into her, along with the parenting time enforcement officer. I still am not sold on her straightening up though. She still doesn't think makeup time is necessary and just giving a doctors excuse is fine for missing a visitation. This has been so terrible and excruciating on my entire family and It just needs to stop. I can take her ignorance when we communicate on my family wizard. But I cannot take the lies and petty crimes she continues to commit freely. She needs to learn how to behave and co-parent but no one can force her to do that. I've never met someone so petty and willing to shoot herself in the foot.It's hard to watch someone chop their nose off despite their face, especially if I also have to pay for her mess every step of the way.Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get my kids in my life more, and how to stop or manage all these problems I am having with Mother? I'm banking on the first right of refusal clause so I can pick my kids up from daycare and have them for the daytime if mother allows it after the clause it written in the order.
Thanks

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You're both behaving badly.

Take the high road.

It is pretty clear that you have no respect for the mother of these twin toddler boys. That's not healthy. I get that you feel put upon, but you're doing yourself and the toddlers no favors with your attitude.

1) Don't accuse her of being mentally ill unless there has been a formal diagnosis of mental illness.
2) YOU TESTED POSITIVE FOR A NARCOTIC. Yes, it was prescribed, but you have a history of addiction. A documentable history. So it is reasonable for her to express concerned and request testing.
3) Weed smells. Those who are around weed all the time don't notice it. Those among us who don't live with it notice. It's very distinctive.
4) Your biracial children can indeed be lactose intolerant. I've got biracial (different mix) relatives that are lactose intolerant. Heck, I've got pasty white relatives that are lactose intolerant. And since she's apparently raising the kids vegan, how about researching vegan diets, and what would be a healthy vegan diet for a toddler? Because that might give you an idea of what they're used to eating. BTW, why would dairy be an issue if you were trying to respect that she wants to raise them vegan? And if you are NOT feeding them a vegan diet during your parenting time, address this directly.

I am glad that you are using Family Wizard. Use it faithfully. It will make it easier for a judge to determine who is exaggerating or lying.

Dedikate

1. Currently I am reading a book called psychopath free recommended by my therapist. It sounds like the book was written for her. It's shockingly accurate. Friend of the court has expressed willingness for a psychological evaluation FOR HER, based on her bad behavior. I understand what you are saying, but her actions are what need to be looked at, not scolding me for throwing stones. Her actions are not in best interest of the children and I am truly afraid her illness/disorder will manifest negatively in the boys lives, THAT IS THE MAIN REASON I AM CHASING HER AROUND IN COURT. I currently cannot afford 5k for an assessment, nor do I think it will help my case. I dont need a psych eval to prove she is a liar, cheat and theif (all qualities I don't want to see show up in my children when they get older)
2. I completely understand the courts perspective. I'm not resentful about their decision. What I am resentful about is the narrative created, when I haven't shown any symptoms of drug addiction, but rather had a debilitating injury that needed attention so I could get back to work. The past was another life. I couldn't imagine engaging in addictive behavior today. I'm completely different and have already demonstrated this to the courts. The AA meetings the courts suggested in 1999 worked and I have applied all of those principals into my life. I'm grateful I was court ordered in 1999 to AA. At the time I didn't think it would work, but I let it manifest in my life and Ive been rewarded for it with integrity and morals. I've had 6 herniated discs in the past decade, 3 of which I had to take narcotics for months. My back injuries are really bad and normally keep me in the bed for at least 3 months before it starts to get better. This most recent time I though it was paralyzed it was so bad.
3. Weed doesn't really smell in my home because I use carbon filters and have air fresheners throughout the house (do you have a good understanding of cannabis cultivation? or do you understand my industry and how growing indoors works?). Ya sure, sometimes I will smell it (maybe 10% of the time, every now and then ill catch a whiff), but they aren't "wreaking of weed" as she described it. Also, how can this effect my parenting time or custody? I imagine it won't. She mentioned that if a fan blew on one of my plants and it got circulated around the house, the children could get high off it, which is untrue. That is impossible. Marijuana has to be lit and the smoke is what activates the THC, which produces a high. If its eaten, It will not get you high unless it is cooked and taken through a process to turn the THC in to THC-A, which makes it digestible and can get you high. My children will not be put in a situation or environment in which they will be affected by the marijuana, and I do not make or sell edibles to my patients. It is in a locked up facility in my house, as local law permits. They won't even have access to it, and even if they did go downstairs, they would just be looking at a bunch of plants and that cant get them high.
4. My fault for not being clear. Yes, they could be lactose intolerant. I want to know if they in fact are. But I'm not going to just take her word, or a note the doctors write so she will stop badgering the doctors. I need to see proof they are lactose intolerant. And on a side note, I haven't even bought cows milk in 20 years or more . I never use it. I eat an 80% raw, living diet. I studied vegan diets and raw living foods for half my life. Feeding my kids vegan is not difficult. My point by bringing this up is that again, she is not being honest and trying to make it appear that I am somehow neglecting my children by not being able to feed them the right foods, kind of like the bathing thing, which you never addressed. This is all inaccurate. When they are in my care they normally eat carrots, green beens, kale or collard greens, avocado, rice, strawberries, blueberries, banana. SHE KNOWS ALL OF THIS. I helped her with recipes when we were together and taught her a lot. When we were together, she knew very little about veganism herself.

It seems like you were only viewing this from the Mothers perspective, which I can understand. The crux of the problem remains unanswered though. I'm am not seeing my children appropriately, I am not able to properly parent as a result of the short time I get with them, and she has broken almost every order the court has written for us, as I have followed ALL court orders 100% with documentation to prove it. THIS HAS TO STOP AS MY BEHAVIOR HAS BEEN COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN HERS REGARDING FOLLOWING COURT ORDERS.

It also makes me sick when people put words in my mouth. I do respect the Mother of my child. Each time I communicate with her I always turn over a new leaf and wash away the past. When she asks for my parenting time I started giving it to her, as a form of respect, yet she never does the same for me. Then she lies, baits, and demeans me, while keeping the children away from me even after she takes my visits without offering makeup time. It may come off that I am not respectful, and in some ways im sure im not, but you havent walked a mile in my shoes and only know what little I was able to type before the 10,000 character limit cut me off. The parenting time complaint officer at FOC said this was one of the worst cases he has seen in his 13 years of working there. After experiencing it first hand, I can see why he said this.

I truly feel like Mother intentionally did all this to me, methodically and calculated. Her Mother and sisters all went through the court system. She has a lot of experience with the court and it shows.

I'd like to get feedback on things the court can do to ensure I get proper parenting time with my boys. There is literally no reason why I am not worthy of this and I have proven it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The crux of the problem remains unanswered though. I'm am not seeing my children appropriately, I am not able to properly parent as a result of the short time I get with them, and she has broken almost every order the court has written for us, as I have followed ALL court orders 100% with documentation to prove it.
Wait, in the 2,800+ words you wrote, THAT is your question?
If mom is not following the court orders, you go back to court. If you are unable to achieve the results you desire on your own, then you need an attorney. If you have an attorney, then you might want to interview some new attorneys.

Dedikate

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to cut the minutia out next time, as I said its been a long road and I apologize for the rant, it's hard not to. I figured it would be best to be as detailed as possible, but when I re read I realized there was so much I missed so I can understand why most who read that would think I am a scumbag. However, It is quite the contrary. I'm stable, I own my home in a decent neighborhood, and I really want to give my children the experience and education they need to prosper after i'm gone.

How can I get a court to enforce a person who does not follow the rules of a first right of refusal clause in a court order?

Does anyone know of anything else I can put in our court order that will allow me I can see my children more regularly than I am now? Grandparent Visitation maybe?

I have no desire to put mom out. The relationship between the children just needs to be equal. I think the only way that will truly be possible is if I become the custodial parent based on her previous actions. My commitment is I will always be here for my children until the end. I just want them to have as normal of a life as they can with separated parents. She doesn't realize the her actions (what the kids have seen and felt) are already effecting the kids. She needs to stop. I am not resentful of her, nor to I feel hate for her. I just want to move on. I feel empathy, not sympathy for her, and want to amend the situation.

Zigner

If mom is not following the court orders, you go back to court. If you are unable to achieve the results you desire on your own, then you need an attorney. If you have an attorney, then you might want to interview some new attorneys.
This person needs an attorney He apparently has an attorney. He should allow the attorney to do ALL the talking in a court situation, as apparently he has a serious case of over-verbalizing everything that will not serve him well at all in a court situation.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to cut the minutia out next time, as I said its been a long road and I apologize for the rant, it's hard not to. I figured it would be best to be as detailed as possible, but when I re read I realized there was so much I missed so I can understand why most who read that would think I am a scumbag. However, It is quite the contrary. I'm stable, I own my home in a decent neighborhood, and I really want to give my children the experience and education they need to prosper after i'm gone.

How can I get a court to enforce a person who does not follow the rules of a first right of refusal clause in a court order?

Does anyone know of anything else I can put in our court order that will allow me I can see my children more regularly than I am now? Grandparent Visitation maybe?

I have no desire to put mom out. The relationship between the children just needs to be equal. I think the only way that will truly be possible is if I become the custodial parent based on her previous actions. My commitment is I will always be here for my children until the end. I just want them to have as normal of a life as they can with separated parents. She doesn't realize the her actions (what the kids have seen and felt) are already effecting the kids. She needs to stop. I am not resentful of her, nor to I feel hate for her. I just want to move on. I feel empathy, not sympathy for her, and want to amend the situation.
How do you enforce someone to follow the rule of FROR? Keep accurate logs and bring that to court.

How do you get to see your children more? You are working on a graduated parenting plan. Follow the rules, and work through that plan. Giving up tour parenting time does not show respect to anyone. Not to your ex, not to your children, not to the court. If your ex or you have a need to vary from the parenting schedule, use Family Wizard to arrange an exchange of parenting time. Don't be long-winded, be gracious and considerate. "Hi ex. I am happy to work out an exchange of parenting time so that children can be with you on your wedding day. I suggest that we exchange your wedding day for my birthday on MON DD."

As far as the race of her new man is concerned. Drop it. Seriously. I too am the parent of bi-racial children. My children know their racial composition and are raised to not judge people on the basis of race. It does not matter what race their other parent dates/marries, nor does it matter what race I date or marry. It will not confuse them or upset them unless you create confusion or upset. An oh yeah - there are medical issues associated with various races, and my kids have inherited things from both sides.

You have a lot of anger with your ex. And that may be well-earned anger. Still, you would benefit from some counseling on how to best deal with your ex and your anger. A good counselor will help you determine the best way to react or not react when your ex pushes your buttons.

As a final note, you are very wordy here on this forum. In your dealings with your ex, you are better off learning how to distill your communications down to just the basics. example: Instead of a long letter on diet a simple direct: What are the children's favorite snacks?

Dedikate

How do you enforce someone to follow the rule of FROR? Keep accurate logs and bring that to court.

How do you get to see your children more? You are working on a graduated parenting plan. Follow the rules, and work through that plan. Giving up tour parenting time does not show respect to anyone. Not to your ex, not to your children, not to the court. If your ex or you have a need to vary from the parenting schedule, use Family Wizard to arrange an exchange of parenting time. Don't be long-winded, be gracious and considerate. "Hi ex. I am happy to work out an exchange of parenting time so that children can be with you on your wedding day. I suggest that we exchange your wedding day for my birthday on MON DD."

As far as the race of her new man is concerned. Drop it. Seriously. I too am the parent of bi-racial children. My children know their racial composition and are raised to not judge people on the basis of race. It does not matter what race their other parent dates/marries, nor does it matter what race I date or marry. It will not confuse them or upset them unless you create confusion or upset. An oh yeah - there are medical issues associated with various races, and my kids have inherited things from both sides.

You have a lot of anger with your ex. And that may be well-earned anger. Still, you would benefit from some counseling on how to best deal with your ex and your anger. A good counselor will help you determine the best way to react or not react when your ex pushes your buttons.

As a final note, you are very wordy here on this forum. In your dealings with your ex, you are better off learning how to distill your communications down to just the basics. example: Instead of a long letter on diet a simple direct: What are the children's favorite snacks?
Thank you. I will continue with keeping accurate logs. How/When should I present them to the Judge/FOC?

I'll try to do a swap on our family wizard. I already tried asking what their favorite snacks are about 5 times. Also, what their nap times are. She won't respond.

As far as the race thing, I agree. I see now how this has effected me. Seeing and hearing her stories about how she took advantage of white folks has made me prejudice against her. That's truly crazy considering I'm white and have mostly black friends. This effect on me is beyond sick. I will have to address that with my counselor.

Zigner

Thank you. I will continue with keeping accurate logs. How/When should I present them to the Judge/FOC?
The logs won't carry too much weight...sure, you can keep track, but they are really just you writing down what you can already testify to.

I'll try to do a swap on our family wizard. I already tried asking what their favorite snacks are about 5 times. Also, what their nap times are. She won't respond.
When you have the kids, you set the schedule. When you have the kids, you feed them what you want/what they like. Those are parenting choices. Mom doesn't/shouldn't need to (or even get to) dictate those choices for you.

Dedikate

When you have the kids, you set the schedule. When you have the kids, you feed them what you want/what they like. Those are parenting choices. Mom doesn't/shouldn't need to (or even get to) dictate those choices for you.
Thank you for saying that. Those are the things I have been brainwashed the mother dictates. I always felt deep down I should be able to do that.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
1. Currently I am reading a book called psychopath free recommended by my therapist. It sounds like the book was written for her. It's shockingly accurate. Friend of the court has expressed willingness for a psychological evaluation FOR HER, based on her bad behavior. I understand what you are saying, but her actions are what need to be looked at, not scolding me for throwing stones. Her actions are not in best interest of the children and I am truly afraid her illness/disorder will manifest negatively in the boys lives, THAT IS THE MAIN REASON I AM CHASING HER AROUND IN COURT. I currently cannot afford 5k for an assessment, nor do I think it will help my case. I dont need a psych eval to prove she is a liar, cheat and theif (all qualities I don't want to see show up in my children when they get older)
2. I completely understand the courts perspective. I'm not resentful about their decision. What I am resentful about is the narrative created, when I haven't shown any symptoms of drug addiction, but rather had a debilitating injury that needed attention so I could get back to work. The past was another life. I couldn't imagine engaging in addictive behavior today. I'm completely different and have already demonstrated this to the courts. The AA meetings the courts suggested in 1999 worked and I have applied all of those principals into my life. I'm grateful I was court ordered in 1999 to AA. At the time I didn't think it would work, but I let it manifest in my life and Ive been rewarded for it with integrity and morals. I've had 6 herniated discs in the past decade, 3 of which I had to take narcotics for months. My back injuries are really bad and normally keep me in the bed for at least 3 months before it starts to get better. This most recent time I though it was paralyzed it was so bad.
3. Weed doesn't really smell in my home because I use carbon filters and have air fresheners throughout the house (do you have a good understanding of cannabis cultivation? or do you understand my industry and how growing indoors works?). Ya sure, sometimes I will smell it (maybe 10% of the time, every now and then ill catch a whiff), but they aren't "wreaking of weed" as she described it. Also, how can this effect my parenting time or custody? I imagine it won't. She mentioned that if a fan blew on one of my plants and it got circulated around the house, the children could get high off it, which is untrue. That is impossible. Marijuana has to be lit and the smoke is what activates the THC, which produces a high. If its eaten, It will not get you high unless it is cooked and taken through a process to turn the THC in to THC-A, which makes it digestible and can get you high. My children will not be put in a situation or environment in which they will be affected by the marijuana, and I do not make or sell edibles to my patients. It is in a locked up facility in my house, as local law permits. They won't even have access to it, and even if they did go downstairs, they would just be looking at a bunch of plants and that cant get them high.
4. My fault for not being clear. Yes, they could be lactose intolerant. I want to know if they in fact are. But I'm not going to just take her word, or a note the doctors write so she will stop badgering the doctors. I need to see proof they are lactose intolerant. And on a side note, I haven't even bought cows milk in 20 years or more . I never use it. I eat an 80% raw, living diet. I studied vegan diets and raw living foods for half my life. Feeding my kids vegan is not difficult. My point by bringing this up is that again, she is not being honest and trying to make it appear that I am somehow neglecting my children by not being able to feed them the right foods, kind of like the bathing thing, which you never addressed. This is all inaccurate. When they are in my care they normally eat carrots, green beens, kale or collard greens, avocado, rice, strawberries, blueberries, banana. SHE KNOWS ALL OF THIS. I helped her with recipes when we were together and taught her a lot. When we were together, she knew very little about veganism herself.

It seems like you were only viewing this from the Mothers perspective, which I can understand. The crux of the problem remains unanswered though. I'm am not seeing my children appropriately, I am not able to properly parent as a result of the short time I get with them, and she has broken almost every order the court has written for us, as I have followed ALL court orders 100% with documentation to prove it. THIS HAS TO STOP AS MY BEHAVIOR HAS BEEN COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN HERS REGARDING FOLLOWING COURT ORDERS.

It also makes me sick when people put words in my mouth. I do respect the Mother of my child. Each time I communicate with her I always turn over a new leaf and wash away the past. When she asks for my parenting time I started giving it to her, as a form of respect, yet she never does the same for me. Then she lies, baits, and demeans me, while keeping the children away from me even after she takes my visits without offering makeup time. It may come off that I am not respectful, and in some ways im sure im not, but you havent walked a mile in my shoes and only know what little I was able to type before the 10,000 character limit cut me off. The parenting time complaint officer at FOC said this was one of the worst cases he has seen in his 13 years of working there. After experiencing it first hand, I can see why he said this.

I truly feel like Mother intentionally did all this to me, methodically and calculated. Her Mother and sisters all went through the court system. She has a lot of experience with the court and it shows.

I'd like to get feedback on things the court can do to ensure I get proper parenting time with my boys. There is literally no reason why I am not worthy of this and I have proven it.
1. Reading a book does not give you the credentials to diagnose someone. It is best not to mention your hypothesis, but to rather focus on documentable facts. Let her actions speak for themselves, and let the judge come to his/her own conclusions about your ex's mental health.

2. Good that AA worked for you. But just a reminder: your past can and has been used against you. Accept that with more grace.

3. I don't know what your greenhouse set up is, and frankly don't care. I do know that people are usually oblivious/nose blind when it comes to their own homes. I don't know if your ex is smelling pot or oregano on the kids, but calling her a liar isn't classy. If she hasn't brought it up in court, ignore it. If she does bring it up, bring up, factually, the measures you have taken to ensure the toddlers have no access/are not exposed. Heck, while you're at it, have at the ready all child proofing measures you have taken.

4. How lactose intolerance an issue worth arguing over, if both households are dairy free? Only make legal issues out of things worth fighting for. If you aren't planning on feeding the kids dairy items, then this is a non-issue.

I am trying to point out things that could hurt you, legally, in the hope that you realize what does matter, legally.

You have to focus on the most legally relevant points, or else legally, you will get cut off at the knees. And as you know, once a judge/court sees you in a poor light, you have to fight 10 times as hard to get in their good graces.

Dedikate

1. Reading a book does not give you the credentials to diagnose someone. It is best not to mention your hypothesis, but to rather focus on documentable facts. Let her actions speak for themselves, and let the judge come to his/her own conclusions about your ex's mental health.

2. Good that AA worked for you. But just a reminder: your past can and has been used against you. Accept that with more grace.

3. I don't know what your greenhouse set up is, and frankly don't care. I do know that people are usually oblivious/nose blind when it comes to their own homes. I don't know if your ex is smelling pot or oregano on the kids, but calling her a liar isn't classy. If she hasn't brought it up in court, ignore it. If she does bring it up, bring up, factually, the measures you have taken to ensure the toddlers have no access/are not exposed. Heck, while you're at it, have at the ready all child proofing measures you have taken.

4. How lactose intolerance an issue worth arguing over, if both households are dairy free? Only make legal issues out of things worth fighting for. If you aren't planning on feeding the kids dairy items, then this is a non-issue.

I am trying to point out things that could hurt you, legally, in the hope that you realize what does matter, legally.

You have to focus on the most legally relevant points, or else legally, you will get cut off at the knees. And as you know, once a judge/court sees you in a poor light, you have to fight 10 times as hard to get in their good graces.
1. I get what your saying about the mental health and agree. I said that to get a picture of what I am dealing with. In hindsight I realize it was very stupid to keep bringing up psych testing with the court. No one likes to be told how to do their job and I am not the professional. I could actually be way off.

2. I hear you. I will internalize that statement.

3. Will do.

Thanks for the insight. Yes I know the cut off at the knees feeling. My emotions get in my way so much I feel like im going to have a panic attack in court and I become unable to say what I need to. I'm also giving my attorney brain freeze by sending him so much evidence of wrongdoings.

This person has been unrelenting to me and kept me busy since 2018. I've been chasing around her lies and proving them in court to no avail. The judge really doesn't care, or want to hear it. I guess the judge could be giving me a hard time as well, but I am in good legal standing with my business and don't break the law. I want her to stop but I legitimately think she is just this way and I don't understand the law enough regarding children that i am afraid I am going to do something stupid I didn't know was cause for neglect or something, and lose my kids entirely. It keeps me up at night.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">