• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan no fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobstam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Michigan and was in an accident, I was traveling eastbound and had the blinking yellow light, a car traveling northbound ran the red blinking light; both vehicles are totaled; no serious injuries for anyone; the other driver was ticketed at fault.

I missed 2 1/2 days of work due to minor head, neck & back injuries; I have to see a dentist for a broken tooth and a follow up with my family doctor due to my ct scan; I had a minor concusion; I still have headaches and get a little dizzy when i turn my head or move to quickly.

If my injuries are minor am I entitled to any kind of compensation?

Also driver of the other car was not a licensed driver; he is from another country and had borrowed his neighbors car.

justalayman

if the other party is at fault, you are due up to $500 of non-insurance covered costs.

That is pretty much it from the other guy.

ecmst12

The $500 is for your property damage, not your injuries. You have pretty much unlimited PIP for your injuries, so unless you have a proveable permanent disability, then you get nothing from the at fault party.

justalayman

The $500 is for your property damage, not your injuries. You have pretty much unlimited PIP for your injuries, so unless you have a proveable permanent disability, then you get nothing from the at fault party.
good correction.

The PIP of concern is the OP's PIP as well, not the other involved party.

(just clarifying)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">