• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigans new formula

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michigan08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan

At the beginning of this month Michigan started using a new formula to calculate child support, can anyone please explain this to me and how it effects current orders?

1. Does it automatically change current order?
2. NCP has 0 visiting time, how does that work out?
3. NCP has 2 new children since his original order at 100% income, will this change order, I have 1 new child also.

Nothing has changed so far, just curious.

Also, can I apply for Medicaid if NCP already supplies primary insurance, and if I get food stamps will that be included as income?

Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan

At the beginning of this month Michigan started using a new formula to calculate child support, can anyone please explain this to me and how it effects current orders?

1. Does it automatically change current order?
2. NCP has 0 visiting time, how does that work out?
3. NCP has 2 new children since his original order at 100% income, will this change order, I have 1 new child also.

Nothing has changed so far, just curious.

Also, can I apply for Medicaid if NCP already supplies primary insurance, and if I get food stamps will that be included as income?

Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The orders will stay the way that they current are, until the next modification is done. At that time the new formula will be applied.

Welfare benefits are not normally included in child support calculations.

michigan08

Thanks for the reply. Is the modification one that is requested by a parent or does the ones that they do periodically at the FOC count?

Is there a calculator that shows the new guidelines and how much the support will go down with his 2 new children? Also do they take into account the new child I have?

Thank you.

LdiJ

Thanks for the reply. Is the modification one that is requested by a parent or does the ones that they do periodically at the FOC count?
Either one.

Is there a calculator that shows the new guidelines and how much the support will go down with his 2 new children? Also do they take into account the new child I have?

Thank you.
I am not familiar with new guidelines. If they have a calculator out it will likely be on your state government website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">