• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

midas accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djYogurtSplash

here is my question.... i took my truck in to midas to fix my exhaust and they were working on my car in the garage and another truck pulling in to the parking lot hit the back of my truck because their brakes failed. i settled with the manager of midas for $700, which is more than enough, and i'm waiting to pick up the check now. this took place 6 days ago. i was suppose to pick up my check today, but he said it will be ready for sure next wednesday or 6 days from now.

i'm not worried that he is giving me the "run around" and won't pay me because i know where his office is and everything. i'm just worried if he is delaying so he won't have to pay me anymore after so many days. is there a law like that?? where if he waits to pay me 2 weeks or a month, they're not responsible?
pls let me know...

-chris

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

This is why you get everything in writing. If he stipulates he will get to you on x date, and doesn't deliver, he owes you interest on top of the 700 per day --> 10% per day until you get the check. -- that is 70 per day.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">