• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Midwife/ OBGYN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rulenumber1

I am not myself a medical professional, nor am I a lawyer. I am someone who, in both my personal and work lives, have had a great deal of exposure to both.

The relevant question to the doctor is, Can you say with certainty that a episiotomy would have prevented this?

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!

Rulenumber1

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!
She said "with certainty an episiotomy would not have prevented the tear."

She also said that there was no reason for her to be there and the midwife could have done the episiotomy without her. ....

The grandma heard nurses say during the delivery "shes.prob sitting at home sipping her coffee"

The.modwife said she had been paged 2 hrs prior to the birth.

The mother is torn from a scale of 1-4 at a 3 according to the Dr....prob.. means a 4.

She (Dr) said she was a million percent better. I kept my mouth shut but thought then she should be running circles around grandma then.

Wants to see her again next week. I think the mother is going to try to see a different OBGYN.

THANK you ALL so much for helping me help this young mother and grandma!

Also sorry for offending ANYONE!

I may have further questions so if this thread can stay open?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

She also said that there was no reason for her to be there and the midwife could have done the episiotomy without her. ....

The grandma heard nurses say during the delivery "shes.prob sitting at home sipping her coffee"

The mother is torn from a scale of 1-4 at a 3 according to the Dr....prob.. means a 4.

She (Dr) said she was a million percent better. I kept my mouth shut but thought then she should be running circles around grandma then.

Wants to see her again next week. I think the mother is going to try to see a different OBGYN.

YOU HAVE NO LEGAL STANDING. You keep ignoring that fact. WHY? Because you want to remain ignorant? Yeah... not a great look.

Just Blue

Just have the New Mother join and ask her own questions. Thanks...

Rulenumber1

YOU HAVE NO LEGAL STANDING. You keep ignoring that fact. WHY? Because you want to remain ignorant? Yeah... not a great look.

Sorry not sure what "legal standing" means.

Sorry for my ignorance ... (lack of knowledge)?

I told Grandma to just calm down and breathe! Regardless of legalities her daughter is getting better! Her grandson is healthy!
Also at the end of the day
" money grows on trees... They make it every day in Washington and burn it and don't mean anything unless you can help somebody else who needs it more than what you do"

In other words don't sweat the small stuff and everything is small except for her daughter and our grandson!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I told Grandma to just calm down and breathe! Regardless of legalities her daughter is getting better! Her grandson is healthy!
" money grows on trees... They make it every day in Washington and burn it and don't mean anything unless you can help somebody else who needs it more than what you do"

In other words don't sweat the small stuff and everything is small except for her daughter and our grandson!
YOUR grandson? No. you have no legal right to know any of this. You have no legal right to be posting any of this or asking advice. Only the mother and father have that right. You are not one of them. Money does not grow on trees. This is not a lottery lawsuit. Mom can't expect to win millions because of this. Mom -- if there are damages that could have been avoided -- may have a case. But most likely not based upon what you have stated.

quincy

I told Grandma to just calm down and breathe! When Carlos of legalities her daughter is getting better! Her grandson is healthy!

Standing is a sufficient stake in a controversy to do something about it legally.

You have not been injured or threatened or harmed so you do not have standing to do anything legally about what happened to your friend's daughter. The daughter could pursue a legal action, however, if facts support an action.

A level 3 year tear could require a lot of stitches but 60 stitches would be highly unusual, even for a more severe level 4 tear.

Rulenumber1

YOUR grandson? No. you have no legal right to know any of this. You have no legal right to be posting any of this or asking advice. Only the mother and father have that right. You are not one of them. Money does not grow on trees. This is not a lottery lawsuit. Mom can't expect to win millions because of this. Mom -- if there are damages that could have been avoided -- may have a case. But most likely not based upon what you have stated.

Just Blue

Standing is a sufficient stake in a controversy to do something about it legally.

You have not been injured or threatened or harmed so you do not have standing to do anything legally about what happened to your friend's daughter. The daughter could pursue a legal action, however, if facts support an action.

A level 3 year tear could require a lot of stitches but 60 stitches would be highly unusual, even for a more severe level 4 tear.
Unless my theory is correct...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">