• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Might not graduate...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My stepson has chosen not to apply himself in school and is in danger of not graduating from high school. He is a junior and his father and I have run out of ideas. He lives with his mother who will not take an active part in encouraging him to graduate. He will be 18 when he should graduate. If he does not graduate, must we continue to pay child support until he is 19. This seems quite unfair since he could easily pass his classes if he would just put forth the effort. Thanks for any help you can give me.


Senior Member
SS.767.25(4) and 767.51(4) provide for support until age 18 unless the child is still in high school or pursuing a course of education designed to lead to a high school diploma or its equivalent, in which case support continues until age 19.


Junior Member
If a child completes four years of high school but does does have a signed diploma and chooses not to continue at this time to attain one does child support still continue until age 19.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential