• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Migratory bird

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Per the OP, he was only off a week (total of $1,500).
Oh. I missed that.

A 7-day unpaid vacation then. :)

I agree with Towerdawg that there appears to be some "unfairness" in the employer's actions. Unfair does not equal illegal, though, and I have not (as of yet) found anything illegal.

I do not see that you have any legal action to pursue against your employer.

I understand what you are saying about all of the other employees being reassigned - and I understand why it might seem to you that there must be some legal recourse - but offhand I don't see that there is.

I'll look into this more thoroughly later but I am afraid you are stuck with a 45 day unpaid "vacation."
You haven't read my post very well. Nobody got 45 days off. It was a site that would take 3 days tops. Nobody lost work but me. Anyway, I spoke to an attorney, and I do have a case

quincy

You haven't read my post very well. Nobody got 45 days off. It was a site that would take 3 days tops. Nobody lost work but me. Anyway, I spoke to an attorney, and I do have a case
I DID read your post incorrectly at first. Sorry. I already admitted my error.

I am happy you found an attorney who believes you have a legal action to pursue - although I recommend you consult with other attorneys as well, to see if they agree.

And I would weigh very carefully the costs (attorney costs, employment costs) versus any benefits you might realize.

Good luck.

It is too. I prevented a felony from
I DID read your post incorrectly at first. Sorry. I already admitted my error.

I am happy you found an attorney who believes you have a legal action to pursue - although I recommend you consult with other attorneys as well, to see if they agree.

And I would weigh the costs (attorney costs, employment costs) versus any benefits you might realize very carefully.

Good luck.
I am checking out more attorneys. And I have already lost this job as a result of all of this, so... hey, thanks for the input. People telling me that I may not have a case made me dig deeper. I do have a case, and I shall come back to this thread with the outcome at a later date. Thanks again all

quincy

I am checking out more attorneys. And I have already lost this job as a result of all of this, so... hey, thanks for the input. People telling me that I may not have a case made me dig deeper. I do have a case, and I shall come back to this thread with the outcome at a later date. Thanks again all
You did not prevent a felony.

What did the attorney say your legal action would center on?

I am sorry you lost your job.

quincy

I got given time off work ... The site was shut down for 45 days.I wonder if I should sue under whistle blower retaliation. ...
]I was off for a full work week. And, no. The rest of the guys still worked.
What I bolded above is what led to part of my confusion, by the way. :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but my research on the matter shows this to be a misdemeanor, not a felony. I am interested in learning about this. Please point out the law that makes violation of the Migratory Bird Act a felony.

quincy

It is important to remember that there was NO violation. The employer halted work in the area once the nest was discovered.

FlyingRon

First, I want to thank you for protecting Michigan's state bird.
I swatted a few of those the last time I was there... wait it's not the mosquito?

Am I in trouble because the one above my chamber door won't leave?
Yes, next the EPA comes a tapping, tapping at your chamber door.
A federal crime you see, fines and jail, forever more.

quincy

I swatted a few of those the last time I was there... wait it's not the mosquito?

Yes, next the EPA comes a tapping, tapping at your chamber door.
A federal crime you see, fines and jail, forever more.
This is an older thread from June. It was "bumped" to get spam off the main board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">