• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mileage Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blurry

What is the name of your state? WA

I'm a salesman who spends 80% of my time on the road, in my own car, buying my own gas I might add. As is usually the case, at this time of year I'm pulling together my mileage logs for the last 10 months and am submitting them into my company to get reimbursed. This time however, I was rudely informed of the company's new policy of only accepting mileage logs for the last 60 days. When I asked when that policy started I was informed 'since the beginning of the year. There was a memo sent to everyone.'

I only get to the office about 3 times per month so you can imagine my in-box when I do get down there is crammed with memos, reports, flyers, adds, brochures, etc. - 99.9% of which is crap and goes straight into the garbage. Needless to say, I missed the memo and my spineless manager won't go to bat for me with the corporate guys.

My question is, can they do that? Again, I travel a LOT in my car and pay for ALL of my own gas to do it,...this is a pretty serious chunk-of-change for me and I count on it to buy Christmas gifts. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

[email protected]

Jeter

My question is, can they do that?

A*- Can they do what? Change policy? Yes. They did their part by making the information available and accessable to the employees in advance. Apparently other employees knew about it. You missed the memo. That doesn't make it their fault.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They are not required by law to pay mileage AT ALL. Yes, they can change a policy. And if you missed it, that isn't their fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">