• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military disabled me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

insomniac

can you sue the military for getting one sick due to multiple vaccinations? if you are permenently disabled and you got sick right after getting the full cycle of anthrax shots? thanks

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

There is a lot of controversy surrounding anthrax shots lately. What I think is you should check with your local library and also local law library about this particular anthrax stuff and military law as it applies to vaccinations, in general.

Hope this helps.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I note that in your profile you describe yourself as a disabled veteran. Thus I am presuming that you have been completely discharged from your particular branch of service. Presuming again that your dishcarge was for the said medical problem.

Next I remind you that the Department of Defense has ordered its service chiefs to make the anthrax shots (for active duty members) mandatory. Further, that all the services are prosecuting service members who refuse to have the shots. Presently the DOD's position is that the shots are safe, even though new medical studies are raising questions as to their safety.

Another relevant issue is whether you have a service disability rating due to the anthrax shots. If so, then you are entitled to a certain montly sum as compensation for that injury. Given all the above, it is not likely that you have any legal recourse (or right to sue) your particular branch of service, the DOD, or the U. S. Government.

However, I would advise you to speak with an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice. Preferrably you should only consult with attorneys who are former JAG officers since they have a better knowledge of the UCMJ and other applicable federal laws.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

A

Attorney_Replogle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Attorney_Replogle:
I note that in your profile you describe yourself as a disabled veteran. Thus I am presuming that you have been completely discharged from your particular branch of service. Presuming again that your discharge was for the said medical problem.

Next I remind you that the Department of Defense has ordered its service chiefs to make the anthrax shots (for active duty members) mandatory. Further, that all the services are prosecuting service members who refuse to have the shots. Presently the DOD's position is that the shots are safe, even though new medical studies are raising questions as to their safety.

Another relevant issue is whether you have a service disability rating due to the anthrax shots. If so, then you are entitled to a certain montly sum as compensation for that injury. Given all the above, it is not likely that you have any legal recourse (or right to sue) your particular branch of service, the DOD, or the U. S. Government.

However, I would advise you to speak with an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice. Preferrably you should only consult with attorneys who are former JAG officers since they have a better knowledge of the UCMJ and other applicable federal laws. You will be easily able to find such attorneys in the local base newspaper.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">