• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military law ucmj

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ucmj regulation and punishments

• Or punishment regulations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just need insight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Militarysoldier

i Basically I’m a good soldier I work hard just received a wavier for my hard work I am separated from my wife going on 2 years but I was depressed and got drunk one night and slept with a women i do not know at all but now I have an sti I’m pretty sure and will need to be tested following that I will be probably punished for adultry I was wondering what are the punishment for adultry under military law or any insight you maybe able to give thanks

FlyingRon

Dude, sentences are your friend. If you think you have an STD, go to the clinic on post (or wherever you are assigned). Adultery is not defined in the UCMJ, it fits into the general "conduct unbecoming" article. Note that adultery requires either YOU or the person you had sex with to be married to someone else. Extra-marital sex otherwise, while frowned upon, isn't covered.

It's rare that this is charged by itself, but if you've got substance abuse issues, you've got additional problems. Again, I'd seek help with the clinic.

The Article 134 offenses can be punished to anything up to prison and/or discharge.

Militarysoldier

I am married my current wife is not at my duty station yes ima scum for this but I need to know what kinda punishments I’m walking into when it all blows up and question if I go to a clinic off post would they be able to tell ?

FlyingRon

You could get up to a year in prison and a dishonorable discharge.

Doubtful an adultery charge is going to stem from getting STD treatment alone. Adultery itself is rarely charged by itself. Usually, there has to be some other serious misbehavior going on.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I am married my current wife is not at my duty station yes ima scum for this but I need to know what kinda punishments I’m walking into when it all blows up and question if I go to a clinic off post would they be able to tell ?
BLUF:

Because of HIPAA laws, your Command isn't going to find out about your STD treatment. Not unless you sign a release of information form allowing them to be notified. And that includes any treatment you get at the Military Treatment Facility (MTF). So go get treatment. Now.

But let's say, just for the sake of argument, that your Command DID find out about your STD. How would they know you got it from someone other than your wife? (Answer: they wouldn't.)

So get a divorce if you want to have sex with someone other than your wife. Stop having unprotected sex. And GO GET TREATED for your STD. Because untreated STDs can have long-term, negative health effects.

Seriously, you're getting your boxers in a twist over something that is unlikely to happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">