• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Retirement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boats529

If I can divorce my wife for adultery, can I prevent her from getting any of my military retirement and associated benefits?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

boats529 said:
If I can divorce my wife for adultery, can I prevent her from getting any of my military retirement and associated benefits?

My response:

Can you "prove" adultery? Got pictures and/or video?

How do YOU know that her friendship ISN'T platonic?

Got "boat"loads of money for increased attorney's fees and costs to attempt to prove it? Think of litigation like placing a Blackjack bet in Las Vegas - - you pay the bet, and there's a very good "chance" you'll lose.

IAAL

O

OnlyOneVoice

Actually being in the military may mean you have no state to Uncle Sam, but in matters of familial law, it is what ever state they are stationed in at the time of the filing.

An example. Hubby's brother, native of Texas. Married, was stationed at Ft. Bragg in NC. When they petitioned for Divorce the petition was filed in NC and was subject to NC law.

So it would be helpful if he had at least posted his current billiting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">