• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minivan Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

r_mcanally

In June of 2000, I purchased a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan with 15 miles on it. Since that time, the van has been in the shop multiple times for leaking oil and other things that were wrong with it. They are finally putting a new engine in at 6000 miles. They have had the vehicle for 14 days now, total since I bought the vehicle. All three times it has been taken in to the shop have been for engine leaks. The first time was the Oil pan gasket, the second was the rear main seal, and the third was to replace the engine all together. I have filed for arbitration only because the service manager of this five star dealer told me that the lemon law process would take way to long to accomplish anything. I am feeling helpless and in need of some assistance in what to do. I feel that I deserve to have my van replaced with a new one that has not had the engine worked on repeatedly and then finally replaced. Is there anything that I can do to get a new van? Does the lemon law apply to my vehicle now, or do I have to wait for the fourth time to take it back into the shop?

Please help anyway you can....
Thank you, Ryan

P.S. Sorry, this is for the State of Colorado....

[Edited by r_mcanally on 12-14-2000 at 06:06 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

r_mcanally said:
In June of 2000, I purchased a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan with 15 miles on it. Since that time, the van has been in the shop multiple times for leaking oil and other things that were wrong with it. They are finally putting a new engine in at 6000 miles. They have had the vehicle for 14 days now, total since I bought the vehicle. All three times it has been taken in to the shop have been for engine leaks. The first time was the Oil pan gasket, the second was the rear main seal, and the third was to replace the engine all together. I have filed for arbitration only because the service manager of this five star dealer told me that the lemon law process would take way to long to accomplish anything. I am feeling helpless and in need of some assistance in what to do. I feel that I deserve to have my van replaced with a new one that has not had the engine worked on repeatedly and then finally replaced. Is there anything that I can do to get a new van? Does the lemon law apply to my vehicle now, or do I have to wait for the fourth time to take it back into the shop?

Please help anyway you can....
Thank you, Ryan

My response:

Do you see that writing in RED up there? Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

IAAL

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

(2) (a) It shall be presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the warranty if:

(I) The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer, its agent, or its authorized dealer within the warranty term or during a period of one year following the date of the original delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer, whichever is the earlier date, but such nonconformity continues to exist; or
(II) The motor vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of thirty or more business days of the repairer during the term specified in subparagraph (I) of this paragraph (a) or during the period specified in said subparagraph (I), whichever is the earlier date.

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/CO_lemonlaw2.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">