• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Forced to be Justin Biebers Bodygaurd- eventually terminated from AMC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sefnfot

What is the name of your state?CA

Minor Forced to be Justin Biebers Bodygaurd- eventually terminated from AMC

One of the boys I mentored worked at AMC from age 16 for many years: 4 or 5.

One of his titles was an Usher.

when this friend of mine was 17, Justin Bieber suddenly showed up and since this guy was big, he was placed between JB and the screaming fans in 2011; and he and his coworkers were told by the supervisors to block the crowd.

I feel this was misuse of an minor employee.

This has never sit well with me. In addition, I did notice mental duress from this boy at the time.

Is there any cause of action since there is no time limit for child abuse in CA? Also I have observed the stigma that this unlawful treatment may have prevented personal and professional development in this individual.

Eventually, this mentored person was let go without severance. So I wonder if he is owed $$$ by AMC and the studios?

PayrollHRGuy

First, this is none of your business and you have no standing in this issue.

Since the, then minor, was not injured and simply was asked to stand between a customer of the employer and other customers or hangers around he was not a "bodyguard".

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
No cause of action against the employer. The theater asked an employee to do a task that was legal, which was simply to help hold back onlookers from a celebrity. While holding back some screaming excited (likely mostly young female) fans might have been a bit stressful that's something that employees sometimes have to do — something outside of their normal job duties because of unusual circumstances. In short, nothing you described amounts to "unlawful treatment."

I'm also struggling to see what about this situation would result in "stigma" for the kid. There's nothing about what you described that suggests his friends, family, and the local community would hold it against him. It sounds a little overly dramatic.

No law requires that he be given a severance upon termination. Moreover, he may be terminated for most any reason. The employer does not need a good reason to fire him.

If he really does have emotional distress over this then help him find a counselor or therapist to help him get over it.

eerelations

I think OP is more concerned that Minor Boy was let go without severance pay than anything else.

OP, anyone in the US can be let go for any reason without notice or severance pay. (There are some exceptions, but according to the information you have provided, Minor Boy doesn't fall into any of these categories.) And this is perfectly legal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There was no "unlawful treatment". You and your "minor friend" need to pull up your respective big-boy pants and get over it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">