• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in posession of Alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jackal1701

I live in California and the Santa Barbara area. I am 18 and Was cited for possession of alcohol. It was on private property in the front yeard of a house. The law here says that only in public places and on public streets can you be cited. Was i wronged? How can i defend my side of the argument? Please answer ASAP... i have a court appearance in the next week.

~Thanks

B

buddy2bear

If 21 is the legal drinking age in California, which it probably is, then it doesn't matter where you WERE drinking, you will still be found guilty because you were drinking. If this is your first time, maybe you could offer to take alcohol counseling and get probation before verdict. I am not a lawyer, however, you could call your legal aid bureau and ask them, but I think I am right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">