• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor kids on Life ins. years ago...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

navykids

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
In 2002, my ex wife took me to court to have my minor children named as the primary beneficaries on my life insurance policy. ( We've been divorced 11years!) My kids are now 22 and 24 years old, married with careers of their own. I remarried in 2001. Can I change my policy to reflect my current wife as primary and the kids as contigent beneficaries or do I have to leave the kids on "forever"? Ex says it can never be changed but according to my life ins rep, the court order stated MINOR CHILDREN be the primary beneficaries. So, I feel that it is now my choice to do whatever I want with my policy. Please advise. Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">