• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor while driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Ok here it is, i got pulled over and was drinking. I am 19 so not legal to drink. The cop decided to give me a minor consumption while driving rather than a dui when i was clearly over the limit. After this however, he gave me a BAC test anyway.I failed. He then allowed my to drive myself and a freind home. I have two questions. One, can things i did that were not on my ticket be brought up in court? and two, It's my understanding that the police are to hold you until you blow green. If that's the case then can i use the fact that i was allowed to drive home as some sort of defense to get out of this.

This sobering event happend in Minnesota. Thanx

[This message has been edited by besh (edited July 21, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential