• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor with child moving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khosier

What is the name of your state?California

My daughter is 17, she has a 10 month old daugher and they live in CA at her grandmothers house. she was never married to the father of the baby and has never recieved any support or help from him. She has decided that she wants to move back to Arkansas with me her father (i have legal custody of her) Now that the baby's father found out he said he is going to get papers to not allow her to leave CA. can he do that? he hasn't been in the baby's life. and my daughter want's to come back because her grandmother is hooked on pain pills. any advise would be great. thanks

T

titansfan

daughter can move the child may not be able to

has paternity been established? if not, he has no rights. he would have to prove he is the father before he can do anything legally first. once thats done, he can file to stop the child from moving, but not the mother, your daughter is free to move anywhere she wants, but once paternity is established, the father can prevent the child from moving.

khosier

titansfan said:
has paternity been established? if not, he has no rights. he would have to prove he is the father before he can do anything legally first. once thats done, he can file to stop the child from moving, but not the mother, your daughter is free to move anywhere she wants, but once paternity is established, the father can prevent the child from moving.

Paternity hasn't been established. his name is on the birth cert. though. he says he already has the papers.... could that happen without him going to court and paternity being established?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">