• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor with illegal possesion and important questions

• Thread starter Still wondering
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Still wondering

On July Fourth my friend and I, who are both under the legal drinking age were having a few beers from the trunk of the car at about 11:00 pm. Two police officers came walking out from the dark and asked us to hold on. We through the beer and the keys to the car in the trunk and closed it. The police said that they had already seen the twelve pack in the trunk and don't move. They asked to see identification and we said we had none, mine was in the car. My friend took off running and I followed. We got away but the car got towed. It was my friends car and his father is telling police that he drove the car in to town and that it was his beer from a picnic earlier that day. My questions are this: Can an open bottle violation be given to anyone for the open beers that were tossed in the TRUNK? The car was locked and no one else was in it. Also, we have to go to the station and open up the car on Friday or else they will get a search warrant to open it. My ID is in the car so they will ID me for fleeing an officer. What else should I do to best protect myself from here on out? Remember there were no minor consumptions given so no proof we had been drinking. Can we legally say that it was all my friends fathers beer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">