• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minors Attempting to Start a Small-Local Oriented Business.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wmechnig

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
Myself and a Friend (Both Minors) of mine are interested in starting a Technology Oriented business, we would most likely need to "hire" a few "employees" (also minors) to do some gruntwork for us. We intend to have them sign a Letter of Agreement, but we are concerned about the Contract Doctrine of Infancy, concerning the validity of said contracts. I also would like to know any advice y'all have on starting a business as a minor in general. We would like to avoid having to have our parents there anytime we sign a group or individual on to our services. To my understanding of the Doctrine of Infancy the Contract/Letter of Agreement would still be binding to the opposing party, assuming it/they aren't a minor. Any other general business advice is also welcome! Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You may find that other folks don't want to enter in to any substantial contract with a minor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">