• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misconduct?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vollbree88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I am an A/B student. Throughout my 3 years of college, I've always done well. This semester I took an online Math class (bad idea). I did well throughout the course--homework, quizzes, tests, etc. The midterm and final were proctored exams. I completely bombed the final. I emailed the teacher to inquire about my final grade (I got an F for the class) because I should have gotten no less than a C+. The Professor told me that I missed three quizzes and that is why he failed me (even though it says I completed them online) then he said I missed 4 quizzes. He insinuated that I had some one else take the class for me--which is NOT true. He told me the only remedy he had for me was to come and take the 4 quizzes in a proctored setting (despite the fact that they were not proctored quizzes in the first place). Originally, I had planned on taking the quizzes but decided not to. I had already planned on retaking the class because I have to take the Praxis (it's for licensing to be a teacher--has a math section and didn't want to be unprepared). I spoke with my advisor who explained to me if I retake the class my grade will be replaced by my new grade. In any event, the teacher is now threatening to bring me to the dean of students for having somebody else take the class for me. I guess because I didn't take the quizzes, he assumed that I really did have somebody take the class for me. I did not take the quizzes for various reasons. 1) I just wanted to retake the class 2) He only gave me two times that I could take them--both of which I was working and could not get somebody to cover for me so last minute. I spoke with my advisor again and she said the professor is being unreasonable. I don't want to sue the professor or anything like that--but he is now threatening to get me kicked out of school! He has no proof that I "cheated" and I definitely did NOT! My parents are of course livid and I even spoke with another professor who said she would write a recommendation to the school to not take action on me. Is there anything else I should do? This is a completely absurd accusation and I am completely dumbfounded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">