• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

misdemeanor charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Corrupt Angel

What is the name of your state? Florida

At the end of the month I have to go to court for 2 misdemanor charges 1 for disorderly intoxication and the other for resist or obstruct w/o violence.Both charges are from 2006.
Now back in 2003 I was found guilty of battery and disorderly conduct.I was wondering how much if any the charges from 2003 will be used against me in my upcoming case and what I should expect.

With that said I have changed my life drastically since.I've been sober for over a year and a half.I also deal with anxiety disorder and depression.I have paperwork from both an addictions counselor attesting not that I'm in recovery but remittance.I also have detaiied diagnosis from my psyciatrist whom I've been seeing for over a year about the anxety and depression.I was also wondering if any of that,all the hard work I've done to turn my lfie around,would be taken into consideration

thanks

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Previous charges will have no factor in determining the guilt on the current charge. For misdemeanors there's no sentencing guidelines that mandate priors to be take into account, but generally a presentencing investigation turns that up and may influence the judge. The fact that you have been in treatment may contribute in your favor. I would defintely have your lawyer bring it up.

Corrupt Angel

Well that's the irony I've called a few Lawyers and they've said they're willing to represent me if I want but 2 of them said they don't think I need Lawyer.They've all told me I'm worrying about it far to much.
They all knew about the previous arrest,said the current charges are very common,and think I'll probably get fines at most.
I also do voulnteer work at the local animal shelter,gotten my drivers license,back.LIke I said I've worked very hard to get to where I am now and deal with addiction,anxiety and depression.That's why I worry about it so much I don't need to take steps backwards.
The reasons I posted here b/c even tho they new about the previous charges I never thought about whether they could be consider 2nd offense.

Thanks for the reply

BL

What is the name of your state? Florida

At the end of the month I have to go to court for 2 misdemanor charges 1 for disorderly intoxication and the other for resist or obstruct w/o violence.Both charges are from 2006.
Now back in 2003 I was found guilty of battery and disorderly conduct.I was wondering how much if any the charges from 2003 will be used against me in my upcoming case and what I should expect.

With that said I have changed my life drastically since.I've been sober for over a year and a half.I also deal with anxiety disorder and depression.I have paperwork from both an addictions counselor attesting not that I'm in recovery but remittance.I also have detaiied diagnosis from my psyciatrist whom I've been seeing for over a year about the anxety and depression.I was also wondering if any of that,all the hard work I've done to turn my lfie around,would be taken into consideration

thanks
It should count for something .

It's been since 2006 and you haven't had any other run ins with the law , and your treatment and therapies are doing well .

Most likely they'll drop the resisting , and you'll get something small for the intox .

Who knows , tell them how sorry you are and ask them to dismiss them both , in the interest of justice .

Corrupt Angel

I really appeciate the replies and advice.I receieved the offical police report today.After reading it,altho I do feel like a jerk I also feel a lot better about the outcome.After reading it I can't see getting much I'll post it if anyone wants to read and/or reply to a potential outcome.It's verbatim minus my name

I observed a white male,later identified as me laying next to the road. I approached him and had some difficulty waking him up. He eventually woke up and got to his feet. It was immediately apparent that he was intoxicated.He began waving his arms around and then walked out into the road. I ordered him to come back and sit down so I could assess if he needed any medical attention.He didn't comply so I grabbed him by his right arm to get him out of the road. I then led him to a large rock and told him to sit down. He initially complied but then got up and tried to walk away from me. I ordered him several times to stop and he refused. He continued trying to walk out into the road where there was vehicle traffic. I ran after him and had to physically grab his right arm and pull him back to a safe place. He again waved his aarms around and said why the **** do I have to listen and I just want to ****ing go home He yelled this loud enough that two people in a nearby parking lot turned and looked in out direction. I questioned him about his name and address. He provided his name but would not tell me where he lived. I asked him several times but he only said that he wanted to ****ing go home. He finally admitted he was homelss and sleeping on the streets. He was arrested and charged with disorderly intoxication and resisting arrest without violence.
Corrupted by life

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">