• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor on PR bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Malykor

I was picked up for parole violation and a warrant for misdemeanor petit larceny early last year. They PR bonded me on the petit larceny, but had a hold for the parole violation. The petit larceny is from January 2019. Anyways, I end up discharging the felony charge that I violated, and was released. I still have not heard about the petit larceny that they PR bonded me on. I'm certain they know where I live, surely I should've had a court date on the petit larceny by now, but I'm afraid to call to find out, and end up having a capias warrant for the damn thing. What should I do?

I'm in WV btw.

quincy

I was picked up for parole violation and a warrant for misdemeanor petit larceny early last year. They PR bonded me on the petit larceny, but had a hold for the parole violation. The petit larceny is from January 2019. Anyways, I end up discharging the felony charge that I violated, and was released. I still have not heard about the petit larceny that they PR bonded me on. I'm certain they know where I live, surely I should've had a court date on the petit larceny by now, but I'm afraid to call to find out, and end up having a capias warrant for the damn thing. What should I do?

I'm in WV btw.
You should contact an attorney in your area or you could even call your parole officer. Find out before you are arrested.

Just Blue

I'm in WV btw.
You should contact your attorney.

Malykor

Sadly, I don't have an attorney. With my prior felony, I used a public defender which was years ago. With this petit larceny from 2019 that I was PR bonded, I didn't receive a public defender.

I may just have to get my head out of the sand, and call the city I was arrested in and hope for the best. With it being so long ago, I'm sure I have a capius.

quincy

Sadly, I don't have an attorney. With my prior felony, I used a public defender which was years ago. With this petit larceny from 2019 that I was PR bonded, I didn't receive a public defender.

I may just have to get my head out of the sand, and call the city I was arrested in and hope for the best. With it being so long ago, I'm sure I have a capius.
You can call the clerk of the court to inquire about the status of your case but, unless you want to spend some time in jail, you probably are best off having an attorney pave the way for you before turning yourself in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">