• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

becca30533

What is the name of your state? Missouri (ORG)
:mad:
I recieved a paper in the mail the other day telling me I had to appear in court because my ex-husband's mother filed for non support. I'm upset at the fact she doesn't have custody my ex does. In my modification papers dustin (ex) was to tell me where my children's whereabouts were and he failed to do so. I moved to Georgia 4 months ago, and out of the blue I get this letter saying they filed on me for a misdemeanor class A on me. I'm wondering how in the heck can SHE file when SHE doesn't even have custody. Yes, I am behind on my child support payments and yes I neglected it because of being out of a job. After recieving this, I've been searching high and low for answers and they all seemed an DEAD END. After finding out where my ex was and why does she have my children I became angry. Supposedly she has temp-custody of my boys while my ex is on the road. From day 1 she has been sticking her nose where it doesn't belong, and now she's really stepped the line.
I desperatly want my kids back. My ex fails to provide me with any information on the kids, wellness, address, school lives or nothing. He IS suppose to do this, but yet everytime I turn around I'm ether being accused of false allegations or dragged to court, when HE actually is the faulty one but the judge rules in his favor. This is all has really messed me up badly, I have not seen my kids since april of this year since then I had no contact with them, what can I do? Can she get away with this crap? I have till sept 19, to get to missouri and be in court, and im like a sitting duck, "defenseless." I need answers and I can't get them. Any ideas or pointers?

pojo2

I always love this EXCUSE

>> yes I neglected it because of being out of a job<<

like kids do not need food or shelter just because you are unemployed.

Instead of finding fault, thank your lucky stars that SOMEONE is caring for your children. Whose fault is it if you do not go to where the children are and see them?

VeronicaGia

becca30533 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri (ORG)
:mad:
I recieved a paper in the mail the other day telling me I had to appear in court because my ex-husband's mother filed for non support. I'm upset at the fact she doesn't have custody my ex does. In my modification papers dustin (ex) was to tell me where my children's whereabouts were and he failed to do so. I moved to Georgia 4 months ago, and out of the blue I get this letter saying they filed on me for a misdemeanor class A on me. I'm wondering how in the heck can SHE file when SHE doesn't even have custody. Yes, I am behind on my child support payments and yes I neglected it because of being out of a job. After recieving this, I've been searching high and low for answers and they all seemed an DEAD END. After finding out where my ex was and why does she have my children I became angry. Supposedly she has temp-custody of my boys while my ex is on the road. From day 1 she has been sticking her nose where it doesn't belong, and now she's really stepped the line.
I desperatly want my kids back. My ex fails to provide me with any information on the kids, wellness, address, school lives or nothing. He IS suppose to do this, but yet everytime I turn around I'm ether being accused of false allegations or dragged to court, when HE actually is the faulty one but the judge rules in his favor. This is all has really messed me up badly, I have not seen my kids since april of this year since then I had no contact with them, what can I do? Can she get away with this crap? I have till sept 19, to get to missouri and be in court, and im like a sitting duck, "defenseless." I need answers and I can't get them. Any ideas or pointers?
You found the money to move to GA but cannot find the money to help support your kids? You've not seen your kids but you found time to move to GA?

Is he court ordered to provide you with the kids "wellness" and other things? If not, it's up to you to find that out.

Tell me, what "crap" is she getting away with? She's taking care of the kids while their father is on the road making money to support them. You have no job and therefore, cannot support them yet you want custody. If you cannot take care of yourself, and since you have already proven you cannot financially support the kids, how on earth do you expect to get custody? Or do you think having them means getting child support and that will support the kids and you?

Sorry, pay the support. You don't have a leg to stand on.

becca30533

ok misunderstanding here

I had no choice but to move because of my current husband in in the military so "I HAD TO MOVE." I am working but it's odd jobs thats all there is until my job at the hospital puts me through schooling to obtain a full time job because of training and etc. I have paid some child support to get caught up on my support so something like this "misdemeanor" did not happen. It stated clearly in the papers "my ex was to let me know where the children's whereabouts were." I have searched and searched to find out where they were. So instand of judging me read more carefully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">