• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misleading Job Offer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JMH3

New Mexico

Hello, hopefully someone can give me some advice on this issue. I was sent a Formal Job Offer from a US Government entity. The offer stated an estimated salary of $14.51 per hour so I printed, signed and sent the scanned accepted offer form back to them via email as requested and went to work assuming I was making $14.51 per hour as was stated in the offer letter. When I received my first check I was only paid $12.65 per hour, close to $2 an hour less. This was not at all what I expected and enough of a difference to be very misleading. They said the Salary Range/ Level that I was hired at pays $12.65 and apologized for the "TYPO". Thanks for the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">