• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misrepresentation of Human Resouces Department?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susanaz

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I recently went to my Office Manager/Supervisor and inquired about a more current Employment Policy Manual than the one that I have. She advised me that she had the same copy as I did and it was also available to view on our Intranet program.
I called the number today in our Employment Policy manual for assistance. I was advised by the Human Resource Company that my employer has not used their services since 05/04.
I learned today that my empoyer did use a program this company offers for human resources in the past. My employer now uses a different program through this same company for payroll only. This is a very large and well known company. A nationwide company. From what I know about how my employer handles personnel issues and from what I have learned today I do not believe that my employer has a Human Resource Department other than the Office Manager.
Is it legal that the Office Manager is 1)representing and informing to employees that this specific company is who handles human resources and personnel issues. 2) using the former Human Resource companies documents for official company polices and procedures. My Introductory Period Evaluation was done on this companies official form. I have also seen this companies resignation and exit interview forms used as well.
Is any of this illegal? If it is can anyone please define or give specifics?
Thanks for any help or advice.

pattytx

This is an internal company matter, and none of it is against the law as far as it effects you. Do YOU have a particular situation about which you want advice?

Beth3

Is it legal that the Office Manager is 1)representing and informing to employees that this specific company is who handles human resources and personnel issues. Yes.

2) using the former Human Resource companies documents for official company polices and procedures. Yes.

My Introductory Period Evaluation was done on this companies official form. I have also seen this companies resignation and exit interview forms used as well. So?

Is any of this illegal? All of it is legal.

If it is can anyone please define or give specifics? Define or give specifics on what? Apparently your employer was outsourcing some human resources functions and discontinued doing so mid-2004. There's nothing illegal about that. No laws require an employer to have a human resources function to begin with. If your company wishes to designate the office manager to handle those things, they may.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">