• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed dental appointment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thechunk

What is the name of your state? Nebraska.

One of my children missed a dental appointment and the dental office has sent us a bill for the missed time. It has gone unpaid for some time now and they are now adding 20% monthly charges to the bill.
1) what is my obligation to the dental office?
2) Can they add charges for late payments?
3) What is the best way to dispute the charges?

racer72

Did you give proper notice to cancel the appointment, such as a minimum 24 hour notice? If you didn't, yes they can charge you for the time and add interest and late charges. Unless you followed proper procedure, you have no defense to dispute the charges.

HomeGuru

thechunk said:
What is the name of your state? Nebraska.

One of my children missed a dental appointment and the dental office has sent us a bill for the missed time. It has gone unpaid for some time now and they are now adding 20% monthly charges to the bill.
1) what is my obligation to the dental office?

**A: what is the office policy?
2) Can they add charges for late payments?

**A: yes.
3) What is the best way to dispute the charges?

**A: is there really a dispute?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">