• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missed hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas
my husband just got a letter today from the AG's office (for modification) stating that he was to be present at a hearing in the county of his ex-girlfriend's residence. The only problem is that we got the letter today, postmarked October 4 and it says the hearing took place on September 26, 2005 at 10:00 am........I am confused--how can this be possible?

Gracie3787

usedstepmom said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
my husband just got a letter today from the AG's office (for modification) stating that he was to be present at a hearing in the county of his ex-girlfriend's residence. The only problem is that we got the letter today, postmarked October 4 and it says the hearing took place on September 26, 2005 at 10:00 am........I am confused--how can this be possible?
Sadly, things like that happen alot. Your husband needs to file immediatley for a rehearing. He can use the letter as evidence that he did not recieve proper notification of the hearing. So whatever you do- guard that envelope with your life. ;) Good luck.
Gracie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">