• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed meeting am I know screwed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Quddus702

What is the name of your state?
MI

I was scheduled for a meeting of creditors. I had the date screwed up. Ended up going on the wrong day. I filed pro to try and save myself a 1200 lawyers fee. Now the trustee tells me I have to file a proof of service and a notice to all creditors.

I have no idea what a proof of service is. I think I am now screwed. She said I have til monday to get back with her and let her know what I am doing.

Ladynred

Proof of service for WHAT exactly ?? Did you reschedule your 341 meeting ??? If so, then you must send out notices to all your creditors, AGAIN, telling when the NEW 341 meeting is.

Proof of service is literally proof that you mailed out the notices to each creditor on your creditor matrix. Here is an example of a proper notice for a rescheduled 341 meeting, the proof of service is included: http://www.lawyerassistant.com/freeforms/debtor_pleadings/notice_of_rescheduled_creditors_meeting.doc

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">