• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed presentencing probation interview.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bry

Hi
Recently my husband was given three years formal probation, however his sentencing date is not until June. Upon accepting this plea of probation he was informed to immediately report to the probation department fortwith, and indeed he did do just that. At the probation office, he filled in a form and the receptionist gave him a slip of paper in return and told him if the probation department had not contacted him by April 26th that he should then contact the probation department.

Seems simple enough, but no not for us.
My husband is going back to school to continue his education in computer science.
The last week or so has been busy in relation to the various appointments with registration, orientation, counseling, and staff. And here it is May 1st, and he has unintentionally not yet contacted the probation department in regard to the April 26th presentencing probation interview.

What are the ramifications of this?
We live in California, and he has no prior criminal history at all.
Thank you in advance for consideration of my request.
-Bry
:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">