• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing Deed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmsweb

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I bought my home 12/00. 6/02 I tried to get a copy of my Deed. I was told it was never filed and to contact the title agency. I called the title agency and was told they couldn't send me a copy, but they would take care of the problem and send in the necessary paperwork to the Register of Deeds. I waited a few months to give it time to process. I called the Register of Deeds last week (9/02) and was told it was still not filed and they searched everything up to August of this year. I called the title agency back but I keep getting the run around, they wont call me back. I have been told that I should've recieved a copy after closing, but I never did. :confused: I am writing an email to the regional vice president of the title agency to see if they can help.
Is there anything else I can do? What if I can't get them to register it? Would this be a problem when I go to sell? Is their any legal action I can take?

HomeGuru

kmsweb said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I bought my home 12/00. 6/02 I tried to get a copy of my Deed. I was told it was never filed and to contact the title agency. I called the title agency and was told they couldn't send me a copy, but they would take care of the problem and send in the necessary paperwork to the Register of Deeds. I waited a few months to give it time to process. I called the Register of Deeds last week (9/02) and was told it was still not filed and they searched everything up to August of this year. I called the title agency back but I keep getting the run around, they wont call me back. I have been told that I should've recieved a copy after closing, but I never did. :confused: I am writing an email to the regional vice president of the title agency to see if they can help.
Is there anything else I can do? What if I can't get them to register it? Would this be a problem when I go to sell? Is their any legal action I can take?

**A: send a certified rrr letter rather than an email and cc the State governmental agency regulating title companies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">