• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing Escro money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bzydee3

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Ok don't know where to go with this but I am highly annoyed with my mortgage company and not sure if I have any legal recorse.

Here's the problem we got a loan with Ameriquest back in March of 2001. We signed the paperwork to have an escro account set up to have our taxes paid out of it. So for the first year everything was great. Then June of this year I get a letter from the city of Pontiac, that our 2001 summer taxes were not paid. I called the mortgage company who promptly gave me a check number that showed it was paid and promised to send me a copy of the canceled checks(which i never received) .

Well I get my June statement and it shows they made the 2002 tax payement for summer taxes. July statement came in and another thousand dollars was taken out of the account. When I called and asked they said it was for the deliquent summer taxes of 2001. Well anyways it turns out that now they refuse to refund the money back into my escro because they double paid the taxes for our house. I have proof that they took the money out for the summer of 2001 taxes and proof that they took the money out for the 2002 taxes ..but i don't get any notice from the city stating that the property taxes were paid. Now the CS person I talked to on the 26th of August stated that they got the check back from the city because THEY (ameriquest) paid it late and so they sent it right to Oakland county. BUT no one else there seems to want to fess up to this. Now they are threatening to raise our housepayment another 100 a month because of their mismangement of OUR money. Please anyone that can help email me back..or any advice would be greatly appreciate!!!

[email protected] or [email protected]

HomeGuru

bzydee3 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Ok don't know where to go with this but I am highly annoyed with my mortgage company and not sure if I have any legal recorse.

Here's the problem we got a loan with Ameriquest back in March of 2001. We signed the paperwork to have an escro account set up to have our taxes paid out of it. So for the first year everything was great. Then June of this year I get a letter from the city of Pontiac, that our 2001 summer taxes were not paid. I called the mortgage company who promptly gave me a check number that showed it was paid and promised to send me a copy of the canceled checks(which i never received) .

Well I get my June statement and it shows they made the 2002 tax payement for summer taxes. July statement came in and another thousand dollars was taken out of the account. When I called and asked they said it was for the deliquent summer taxes of 2001. Well anyways it turns out that now they refuse to refund the money back into my escro because they double paid the taxes for our house. I have proof that they took the money out for the summer of 2001 taxes and proof that they took the money out for the 2002 taxes ..but i don't get any notice from the city stating that the property taxes were paid. Now the CS person I talked to on the 26th of August stated that they got the check back from the city because THEY (ameriquest) paid it late and so they sent it right to Oakland county. BUT no one else there seems to want to fess up to this. Now they are threatening to raise our housepayment another 100 a month because of their mismangement of OUR money. Please anyone that can help email me back..or any advice would be greatly appreciate!!!

[email protected] or [email protected]

**A: ok, now forget calling them for the moment and document the events along with what you want them to do and send the corespondence via certified rrr mail addressed to the President of Ameriquest.
Do some research and see what State and Federal government offices regulate their business and copy these offices in your letter along with maybe the BBB.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">