• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missouri Felony Probation Early Release.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pitdog

What is the name of your state? Missouri,In Missouri I am being told that with a Democratic assault felony "SIS" that I am not eligible to get off probation early and that I must complete the whole 5 years. Does any body know if you can get off probation early with a assault felony?

Pitdog

In Missouri I am being told that with a Democratic assault felony "SIS" that I am not eligible to get off probation early and that I must complete the whole 5 years. Does any body know if you can get off probation early with a assault felony?

quincy

In Missouri I am being told that with a Democratic assault felony "SIS" that I am not eligible to get off probation early and that I must complete the whole 5 years. Does any body know if you can get off probation early with a assault felony?
After an admittedly brief review of Missouri law on suspended sentences, it appears to me that, with your felony assault, an early release is not possible until you have completed 5 years of supervised probation in the community (there are some felony exceptions that do not allow for early release at all).

At the end of the 5 years, if you have satisfied all terms of your probation, and you have not violated any terms of your probation, and you have not reoffended, you become eligible for early release from probation. If early release is approved, you will not have a conviction appearing on your criminal record (although your assault will be considered a first offense for purposes of sentencing if you violate the law again).

Here is a link to the probation laws in Missouri:
http://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneChapter.aspx?chapter=559
We have a Missouri attorney who contributes to this forum. "Tiger D" will make any corrections to my post if my research was inadequate, and Tiger D can provide you with additional information on SIS.

(I am assuming that you meant to write "domestic assault felony" instead of "Democratic assault felony")

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">