• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missouri Hotel/Motel Evictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kmaekiso

Missouri
I currently reside in a motel - pay by the week - extended stay.. kinda deal...but I'm behind
What are the eviction processes in Missouri regarding hotels

adjusterjack

2016 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXI PUBLIC SAFETY AND MORALS (313-323)
Chapter 315 Hotel, Motel and Resort Regulations
Section 315.075 Hotel operator may eject person, when.

315.075. An owner or operator of a hotel may eject a person from the hotel and notify the appropriate local law enforcement authorities for any of the following reasons:

(1) Nonpayment of charges incurred by the individual renting or leasing a room, accommodations or facilities of the hotel when the charges are due and owing;
http://law.justia.com/codes/missouri/2016/title-xxi/chapter-315/

There doesn't appear to be anything in the statute that provides any exception for "extended stay."

If you were thinking that "extended stay" gives you the rights of a tenant under the landlord tenant statutes, it doesn't look like it.

I conclude from the above that the motel owner or manager can boot you out for non-payment at any time and get the police to do it if you refuse to leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">