• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mistress pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leannarr

So my husband has been cheating on me for the past few month. We recently found out that the other women has gotten pregnant. She is also married and her husband supports her keeping this child. They told me that once the baby gets here she will be coming after my husband for child support. My husband and I already have 4 kids of our own. If he doesn't sign the birth certificate when the baby gets here, can they still come after him for child support? Also if they take him to court to verify that it is his child can he sign his rights away since she is married, and if he does that will he still have to pay child support? We are in the state of Georgia.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So my husband has been cheating on me for the past few month. We recently found out that the other women has gotten pregnant. She is also married and her husband supports her keeping this child. They told me that once the baby gets here she will be coming after my husband for child support. My husband and I already have 4 kids of our own. If he doesn't sign the birth certificate when the baby gets here, can they still come after him for child support? Also if they take him to court to verify that it is his child can he sign his rights away since she is married, and if he does that will he still have to pay child support? We are in the state of Georgia.
If he is the father, he will be ordered to pay child support. Doesn't matter that you two have four kids of your own. He doesn't have to sign the birth certificate -- no such thing. And he can only sign away his rights if her husband wants to adopt the child. You nor he can force the husband to adopt. You need to make sure that your husband gets tested for STDs and that you also get tested.

LdiJ

Your husband absolutely SHOULD not sign the affidavit of paternity (that is what is signed rather than the birth certificate). She has a husband and the husband will be the presumed father of the child until or unless the husband disestablishes paternity. Your husband should sign nothing until there has been a court ordered DNA test proving that he is the biological father. At this point there is every reason to believe that her husband is the biological father.

However, if the husband does disestablish paternity and your husband's paternity gets proven in court, he will NOT be able to sign away his rights or avoid child support. In fact, if you separate and get child support established for your mutual children, it will lessen the amount that she would be able to get, considerably.

Just Blue

if you separate and get child support established for your mutual children, it will lessen the amount that she would be able to get, considerably.
To add to the ^ comment:
Be aware if you separate for the sole purpose of lessening the CS obligation to the other child and with no intention of divorcing, the court will find out and be very unhappy (think civil or criminal sanctions) with your husband.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your husband absolutely SHOULD not sign the affidavit of paternity (that is what is signed rather than the birth certificate). She has a husband and the husband will be the presumed father of the child until or unless the husband disestablishes paternity. Your husband should sign nothing until there has been a court ordered DNA test proving that he is the biological father. At this point there is every reason to believe that her husband is the biological father.

However, if the husband does disestablish paternity and your husband's paternity gets proven in court, he will NOT be able to sign away his rights or avoid child support. In fact, if you separate and get child support established for your mutual children, it will lessen the amount that she would be able to get, considerably.
You are wrong. If husband wants to adopt then HE could sign away rights. So wrong. I already said this however.

Prior to your misinformation. And the fact that Blue echoed it, she needs to apologize.
Post two:

And he can only sign away his rights if her husband wants to adopt the child. You nor he can force the husband to adopt.
I know LD won't admit her error because her ego is ridiculous and she refuses to admit she is ever wrong. Oh and she pretends I am blocked.

Just Blue

You are wrong. If husband wants to adopt then HE could sign away rights. So wrong. I already said this however.

Prior to your misinformation. And the fact that Blue echoed it, she needs to apologize.
Post two:

I know LD won't admit her error because her ego is ridiculous and she refuses to admit she is ever wrong. Oh and she pretends I am blocked.
I apologize and hope my now edited post clarifies what I intended to state. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">