• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mitsubishi Red Carpet Lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdoramus

What is the name of your state? KS/TX

I'm a military member stationed in KS she is in TX with the car. I was just granted my divorce on 01JUN04. In the paperwork the 02' Mitsubishi Montero Sport was awarded to her with payments, title, and the loan. Now, I know that I can't simply have the debt removed from my credit, but since our separation/divorce she has consistintely been late on payments which has now resulted in a reposession in which she was able to come up with the money needed to recoupe the car before it was too late. All this has happened unbeknowest to me until after the fact when I get a letter from the lien holder telling me what's going on.

Is there any recourse that I have. Her credit is ruined and she can't refinance the car on her own and there isn't anyone around that will cosign her either. She can't trade it in because of the same reason, that and she wrecked it but doesn't have the money to pay the deductible and get it fixed.

All I want is to get my name taken off the account as well as my credit report. Is there anything to do? The only tie that I have to this car is my name on the loan. She is now the owner of it according to the court. I desperately need help with this. I'm trying to clean up my credit and I can't get a loan to save my life.

Thank you.

JETX

"All I want is to get my name taken off the account as well as my credit report. Is there anything to do?"
Regretably, no. Your name is on the loan and will remain so until the loan is paid off.... or until the lender releases you (extremely unlikely given the history on the note).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">