• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

@mjpayne

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

You might want to try and actually read YOUR posts. I read nothing into it. You had a 17 about to be 18 year old who is still in high school ask if they can move out. You could have simply said yes or yes and provide some additional information that was pertinent. You decided that it would be helpful to remind the child that they could drop out if they wanted to.

While not wrong it was stupid.

mjpayne

This is the technical section of the forum which addresses technical issues. You can add specific thread comments to the specific threads.

mjpayne, have you posted to this forum in the past under a different user name - or do you contribute to another forum under a different user name?
No. Not any law forums.

quincy

Thank you for answering my question, mjpayne. Your title, I guess, remains a mystery for now. :)

Although mjpayne cannot contribute, perhaps additional comments should be taken to the senior forum?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
68 posts in a day & a half?

p.s. HI^6 never indicated their gender - please don't assume.

Whoops2u

As /u/Quincy wrote, I was/am a well-known member and didn't do anything to change the description under my name.

As to /u/stealth2, I bet I can guess most people's genders who post here. Try it for yourself too. I'm going to go all non-PC and say a person's sex will influence how they write. It would be an interesting blind study to see if readers can determine a person's gender from their writing. The cool part would be how well the readers do when sex does not match gender.

quincy

As /u/Quincy wrote, I was/am a well-known member and didn't do anything to change the description under my name.

As to /u/stealth2, I bet I can guess most people's genders who post here. Try it for yourself too. I'm going to go all non-PC and say a person's sex will influence how they write. It would be an interesting blind study to see if readers can determine a person's gender from their writing. The cool part would be how well the readers do when sex does not match gender.
I believe stealth's gender comment was referring to the thread mjpayne contributed to about the high school student.

quincy

To FA's tech team: There is some confusion generated by titles. Could you please clarify for us the different member titles and how they are assigned?

I am mostly interested in knowing how one becomes a "well-known member" and how one becomes a "senior member."

Thanks.

Just Blue

To FA's tech team: There is some confusion generated by titles. Could you please clarify for us the different member titles and how they are assigned?

I am mostly interested in knowing how one becomes a "well-known member" and how one becomes a "senior member."

Thanks.
Sr. Status "used" to be given when you reached 1000 posts. I don't know if that still applies. I was given Sr. Status when I was just a young whippersnapper. ;)

quincy

Thank you, FreeAdvice tech team.

I notice that the "well-known member" designation now has been changed to "active member." That seems to me to be a better descriptor.

LdiJ

Thanks.
I know the answer to how someone becomes a senior member. (or at least what used to be the criteria) It takes hitting a 1000 post count.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">