• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MLS error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steffb503

I am in the beginning stages of putting my property up for sale. My sister in law is a real estate agent in another state, but pulled a MLS for me. It had errors, serious ones. They had used the wrong Lot and Block number to show latest sales. The property that sold 5 years ago was .5 acres, mine is 16. This is a problem.
Where do I go to fix them?

LdiJ

I am in the beginning stages of putting my property up for sale. My sister in law is a real estate agent in another state, but pulled a MLS for me. It had errors, serious ones. They had used the wrong Lot and Block number to show latest sales. The property that sold 5 years ago was .5 acres, mine is 16. This is a problem.
Where do I go to fix them?
You hire a local appraiser.

adjusterjack

I am in the beginning stages of putting my property up for sale.
What does that mean? Have you engaged a listing agent and signed a listing contract? Did you sit down with the agent and carefully go over all the details of your property to make sure that the current MLS listing?

It's the listing agent's job to get the MLS listing correct.

But it's your job to provide the correct information to the listing agent before he/she posts the listing.

FlyingRon

So, have the realtor fix it. At this point in the process you've got no real damages. MLS details are largely spurious anyhow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">